Wow! I am without my computer for a few days because it crashes and when I finally get it back up and running, I return to some great news! My blog has been nominated by three of my fellow bloggers for the Liebster Award!
I am so honored to have been nominated for this award! I really appreciate all of my followers and enjoy reading your blog posts each day. Thank you to Kristen from Aspire to Inspire, Christy from 3rd Grade Theatrics, and Stacy from Ray of Kindergarten Sunshine for nominating my blog.
To accept this award, I need to do a few things...
1. Link back to those who nominated me, Kristen from Aspire to Inspire, Christy from 3rd Grade Theatrics, and Stacy from Ray of Kindergarten Sunshine.
2. Nominate 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer 11 questions created by those who nominated me.
4. List 11 random facts about myself.
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees to answer.
6. Contact your nominees to let them know they have been nominated.
The bloggers that I have nominated are...
1. Steph at Rock Stars in the Classroom
2. Kimberly at First Grade is “Toad-ally” Awesome
3. Mrs. White at Mrs. White’s 5th Grade Class
4. Sheila at Flipping in Fifth
5. Beth at Whooo’s Ready to Teach
Aspire to Inspire Questions
1. What is the best part about teaching? Seeing the light bulbs go off when my students know they have finally got it!
2. Are you an introvert/get your energy from being by yourself or an extrovert/get your energy from being around others? I am definitely an introvert!
3. If you watch television, what is your favorite show? My favorite T.V. show is Cupcake Wars!
4. What was your worst subject in school? Math
5. What's the best advice you ever got? Believe in yourself!
6. If you could keep just three possessions (besides your family and pets), what would they be? My Bible, my computer, my makeup!
7. What goal are you working toward personally or professionally? This year my goal is to successfully implement reading workshop.
8. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do? Sleep
9. Would you rather swim in the ocean or in a pool? Pool
10. What is your greatest accomplishment? My greatest accomplishment has been having my two wonderful boys!
Ray of Kindergarten Sunshine Questions
1. How long have you been teaching? 19 years
2. Did you always want to be a teacher? If not, what did you want to do? Yes, I have always wanted to be a teacher.
3. What is your favorite thing about teaching? Planning fun and engaging lessons
4. How long have you been blogging for? I just seriously started this summer.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, no expense spared, where would you go? Paris
6. Do you have a favorite techie tool or any techie advice? If yes, what is it? I love my iPad.
7. What is your favorite dessert? (I love dessert!) apple pie
8. What is your favorite movie of all time? Titanic
9. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
10. Are you a dog person or a cat person? Dog! We just got our first puppy about a month ago!
3rd Grade Theatrics Questions
1. When did you know you wanted to be an educator? When I was a little girl! I used to play school all the time.
2. What is your favorite classroom memory? The first day of every school year!
3. What is your dream vacation? Going to Paris
4. What was your funniest teacher moment? I don’t think I have a funny teacher moment.
5. What is your favorite summer activity? Going to the beach.
6. What is your favorite brand of handbags/purses? Michael Kors
7. What is your favorite movie? Titanic
8. What is your favorite children's book? Charlotte’s Web
9. Which holiday, during the school year, do you look forward to the most? Christmas
10. What is your favorite on-the-go snack? popcorn
11 Facts About Myself
1. I enjoy going to the mountains for Thanksgiving.
2. I am a active member of my sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA)
3. We got our first pet one month ago. Head over to my blog to meet our puppy, Cody.
4. When I was in 5th grade a sewing needle broke off in my foot. It remained there for 6 long months!
5. I am a huge Twilight fan! Team Edward!
6. I served as a mathematics instructional coach for 3 years.
7. This year I took my first trip to New York and LOVED it!
8. I have a 9 and 21 year old! They fight like cats and dogs!
9. I love technology!
10. My favorite colors are pink and green.
My Questions for My Nominees
1. What is your classroom theme?
2. Who inspired you when you were a child?
3. What is your least favorite subject to teach?
4. How do you spend your summers?
5. If you could do something else other than teaching, what would it be?
6. If you had three wishes what would they be?
7. Target or Walmart?
8. How often to you blog?
9. What is the last movie you’ve seen?
10. What is one word you would use to describe your first day of school?
11. What motivates you?
Again, thank you for the nomination! I look forward to learning more about my fellow bloggers!