Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Scoop - First One of the Year


 Happy New Year!  I have been away from the blogging scene for a minute, but one of my goals for the new year is to blog more in 2015.  What a great way to start the New Year by linking up with Teaching Trio for the first Sunday Scoop of the year!  So here we go...




Like the rest of you, I have to complete, or should I say begin, working on lesson plans for the upcoming week.  I know what we will be working on, I just need to complete the plans.  In math we will  be finishing up our unit on division, we will begin reading Lyddie by Kathering Paterson in reading.  This novel will tie in with out unit of study of the Industrial Revolution in social studies.  Students will also be introduced to the ocean floor in science.  

I am such a techie person and I LOVE finding and using new forms of technology to enhance my instruction and to engage my students.  Over the break I have been playing around with VoiceThread and absolutely love it!  I will be using this to introduce the novel, Lyddie.  I also flip my classroom and I am always looking for tools to use to create my videos so that I can easily share them with my students.  While I was up at 2:00 a.m. this morning I ran across Office Mix.  Office Mix is an add on to Power Point which allows you to transforms them as videos!  You can embed quizzes, polls, other videos, and websites.  I can't wait to play with this!  Oh, and I will be blogging about it! Check out this intro video. 



I am always happy to spend time with my 10 year old son!  To finish up his winter break we will be reading together while sipping on a cup of hot chocolate under the electric blanket!  We will be reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul.

Be sure to head over to Teaching Trio to link up with the Sunday Scoop Linky and to see what others are doing on the first Sunday of the New Year!

What will you be doing today (besides lesson plans) :)?



No comments: